---~---

Last edited by Press2000 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Press2000
Admin

View user profile http://waec4teens.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Midnight Lullaby

Post  CottonCandy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:39 am

Wow! This just has to be the best love story ever created!! I'm in awe! I'm so lucky to be able to read such great stories!! ^_^
CottonCandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:34 am

*bashful* well, I wouldn't say that...I'm ok...but not thatgood...
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:55 am

ya you are!!!!
Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 am

*blushes* *rubs foot in the dirt* *fiddles with fingers behind my back* thanks.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:32 am

lol. No need to be shy or bashful, be proud of your amazing talents!!
CottonCandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:29 am

but that makes me more bashful. I'm so afraid of seeming....boastful. I hate narcasistic ppl.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:38 am

---~---

Last edited by Press2000 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 am

Wow!! 2 chapters!! Yes!! This is getting way too... cliff hanger-y. I must know more!!
CottonCandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:29 am

---~---
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 am

ok uhm....what were the last two....aw nvm. I'll just give it up to like...chater 10. here ya go;
----

Chapter One: My Life.

I woke, though it was dark. I woke, though no stars shined in the inky sky. I woke, though no one had come to wake me. I woke, not because I had a nightmare like mortals do. I had not dreamed in years. I woke, because hunger pried at me, begging me to feed. I needed blood...

No...I woke because my niece was shouting at my eldest brother. It was midnight. But so soon? Why could those long days I passed with sleep be filled with dreams? But no use trying to find what was lost, those dreams. Those had faded...They faded when I was but fifteen years of age. I had loved a mortal. He broke my heart. All my life, I had wanted to be loved. But after that, I swore myself I would never love again. Never would I let someone betray my trust, because he could not deny that he loved the only predator to the human kind.

Born a vampire, blood is my food. Though it is odd that I’ve lived only 20 years when my grandfather has seen 15 centuries. He looks only 30 years old. (He is no longer allowed to feed because he became hysterical when his wife was killed. My brothers must give him something artificial, though I don’t ask what it is…)

My home is crowded and filled with dust. A tumbling Victorian mansion that many mortals have said they would tear down, but we have seen no machinery try. But...who are 'we'? I refer to my entire family that makes up my clan. I am the exact middle of 18 children. (When not counting myself.) There's Father, Mother, 3 nieces, 4 nephews, 3 younger sisters, 6 younger brothers, 5 older brothers and 4 older sisters. Plus my grandfather, Aunt Stella, Uncle Bartholomew and my 5 cousins. That's 32 vampires in one home including myself.

But I never feel at home. They are not my family, nor are they my friends. To me, they are simple facts of life that drift within the wind. I have but one friend. Many people, part of my nightly background. Nothing more than bodies born without souls.

I got up and looked around my small room. Old furniture made of oak and a marble floor. I pulled the cotton covers off and put my feet on the cool stone, sighing and closing my eyes.

"Ahhh....." I breathed. My slitted eyes opened again and looked at myself in the mirror on the wall. I saw a figure in a white nightgown, pale skin, and dark midnight hair down to her mid-back. Blood red lips and slitted eyes. Long legs, arms and fingers. I was intimidating. I smile, baring my fangs.

Hunger...Thirst...Blood...

I hadn't fed in weeks. I needed something...but I refused to drink. Lately, my father and mother had been moody. I heard them talking about kicking some of us out because there wasn't enough food around. So I stopped eating. No matter haw bad this family became, I needed a clan. I could not be alone.

Sighing, I got out of bed and changed into my long black dress and black cape. As soon as shoes were on my feet, I went outside my room and down the hallways that would soon be filled with people. I went to my only friend. In a hall with a long, shaggy carpet and a layer of dust, there was an old Grandfather clock. Why is it my friend? Because it played a tune that became a lullaby to me every night and midnight.

It struck, and the haunting tune began. I stood in front of my friend and hummed quietly along. It was so beautiful...so dark...I loved it. I’d heard it hummed out the moment I was born. This song was now my addiction. It sang without words and fed the lost soul with longing...A sweet longing. But all good things must come to an end. The tune ended, leaving me in the middle of the hall in silence.

After a few moments, my subconscious led me to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and found only a small sack of dried meat. I took a strip and began to gnaw on it when my second eldest brother, Daniel, came in.

"Alexandra, what ARE you doing?" He demanded.

"Eating the little bit of food I can find." I replied coldly.

"But that is NOT what we eat!" He snatched the meat from my hands.

"Have you not heard the talks mother and father are having?! There is not enough blood for us and we can not move to another place! We are too big to move! They're going to kick some members out!" I shouted, reaching for the dried meat, but he put it over his head. I could not reach it, he was too tall.

"Alexandra Ella Dramon, you will feed. I can see the hunger in your eyes...you want it. You need it."

"I need to stay in this clan." I seethed. He frowned bitterly, but handed me the dried meat. I snatched it back and leaned against the counter, chewing at it once more. He left in a huff. No doubt, he would complain to mother and father, but no worries. They would understand…I thought…

When I finished, I passed most of my family with a glare. News had spread; I could see it on their faces. I frowned at every one, daring anyone to accuse me. They returned it. If looks had daggers, I was surely bleeding. I refused to show them that I cared what they thought.

I reached my room and slammed the door shut. Sitting on my bed, I stared at a golden locket on my nightstand. The mortal I loved, Michael, had given it to me the night I told him I was a vampire. The night he ran away. The night I was truly left with out a soul, and only one purpose. I wanted to hide it, but it gave me some comfort of love I once had, and would never have again. This little necklace…was the only physical trace of my bitter secret. A dark past no one would ever know.

If I loved a mortal, I would be kicked out. My clan's rules were tight. All because we were true bloods; born vampires and not turned into ones (half bloods) You could not turn anyone into a vampire, you could not marry a mortal or a half-blood. Only the leaders of the clan could kick anyone out at their will. (That was mother and father.) And if you so dared to break any of the rules, you were immediately thrown out, no matter who sided with you. And so many others…but I cared not to recite every 105 that had been drilled into my mind the day I was able to speak and comprehend.

Sighing, I laid down, and slept again. Hoping, wishing, praying I would dream and not just see darkness.

~*~

Chapter two: The Arrivals

I woke again at next midnight. I heard my friend, chiming its haunting melody and cursed myself for not waking to go and hear it. I got up and dressed. Though, I heard a sound. What was it? ...A motor....A large motor with a heavy load...just down the street. Who could it be? I wondered as I gazed out my window.

A moving truck passed down the road and turned onto another street. It stopped at another old mansion that had been for sale for what felt like eons. I hoped it was another clan. (Or at least part of one.) I needed someone other than my own to talk to. No matter how many times I disregarded it, I could never fully swear that I didn't want any other vampires; because I did.

I needed a friend. Not the constant challenge of my clan pestering me to bits. I went down stairs and met up with my father who looked rather angry.

"Alexandra," He greeted coolly. "Are ze things I hear true? Do you really refuse to feed in fear of being cast out of ze clan?" Though he wore a twisted smile on his face, the anger in his eyes was impossible to hide.

"Yes, Father." I could not lie to him. Another rule; you shalt never lie to your clan leaders.

"Why do you fear of being cast out when you so clearly hate it?" He hissed as he circled me, menacingly. I stood strait and tall, showing no fear.

"Because I have no otherwise clan to turn to, Father." I whispered as I felt his hot breath near my neck. Obviously, I was not the only one who was hungry around here. I could almost feel his fangs against my neck when a scream came form another room in the house. It was my mothers. Odd, she was rarely frightened, something my father had admired. He looked up when I had barely moved my eyes.

"I must go now, but let me tell you zis; if you do not feed, you will be cast out anyway." He said and drifted off to my mother's scream. I watched him go and when his last shadow was gone, I let out a sigh that betrayed my un-ease. Soon enough, I walked out of the house and slinked through the yards, like a snake. I was curious; I needed to see these new arrivals. They could be my next meal...

I hid in the bushes and peered though the dark branches. I saw 5 people, bustling about, all wearing dark clothing. Who were they, what were they doing? I wondered...

I saw them carrying some furniture around as well as some clocks. Grandfather clocks... Vampires? A clan?! Hopefully....they would be...

My answer came; one of them spotted me and smiled, baring his fangs. He was tall and handsome. I couldn't help but slyly smile back, showing my own. But I hissed showing my warning; don’t try to compete with me, I am superior to you. He nodded, perhaps a bit gravely. Good... I thought. He needed to fear me. I rose from the dark bushes I had been hiding in. We stood at a distance, staring at each other.

I was fighting myself, fighting my dire need to drink, have a friend, and to be loved. It was all so compelling. I stared at his features, so smooth, I wanted to touch them...trace them with my fingers... I stared at his hair, so silky...I wanted to feel it in my palms. I wanted to...no....no I didn't...I wanted to smell and taste his fear.....

My distant staring ended when he turned his head to a woman who was shouting at him. "Get IN here, Johnathan and stop your day dreaming! We need you to help us move the chairs!"

"I'm coming, mother!" He called. The man (who was obviously Johnathan) gave my one last look. I could almost feel his eyes tracing my figure as they went down my body. He smiled slyly, then went back into his home.

Satisfied, I strolled back to my home. I was greeted with another sly smile by my father. I knew he thought I had gone out and fed. Only to assure him, I licked my lips and silently walked to my room. There, I laid on my bed and pictured the new vampire in my head.

I might have hissed at him, but I could tell we would become very close friends in our nightly struggle for sanity. Though, my mind felt that maybe we would become more than friends...I could not deny the though, though I hated it...but maybe he would understand what it was like to be a vampire, and understand the pain. Maybe he could love me...and just maybe I could love him to.....no....no I wouldn't. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to throw the thought out like a terrible disease...

I would not love. I could not love. I would not be loved. I could not be loved. All that was the past. This was the present. Now was my time. I drifted off to sleep, telling myself that. But deep inside, I vowed I would meet him soon.

\/ \/

I woke again: midnight. I jumped out of bed, already dressed, and excitedly ran down the long, cob-web filled halls. I passed my friend as it played its tune, but gave it not even a small glance. Racing down the stairs, I threw open the front doors and embraced my cool darkness.

I breathed in the night, thankful that I had passed no one as I left my home so quickly. I needed to meet this man...Johnathan again. Had anyone seen me, they might have stopped me and questioned why I was going so fast.

I strode through the dark, dewy grass heading for the man's back yard at a quick pace. I could hardly wait to see him, though I doubted he knew I would come to wait for him. I did not know what compelled me to see him, but somehow...He soothed my hunger...quieted it.

I had not much time to think on it, for I reached the dark claws of the bushes and crouched in them, peering out as I had done the night before. Silently, I waited, and waited and waited. I waited long enough that the small, waxing moon had gone down greatly, bags had formed under my eyes and my leg had fallen asleep. I stood, knowing I was late home and if I waited any longer, dawn would come...

I turned and jumped back as Johnathan was standing there. Before I knew it, his right hand was around my waist and his left holding my right wrist, keeping me from falling back. I must have jumped and tripped, but I couldn’t know…

"You wait like a prowess," He commented as he helped me to my feet again. "But you are easily surprised like the prey." He finished. His voice sounded like sweet melted caramel…Slowly oozing, slowly dripping. Even my father’s stomach could have been quieted by this sound.

"I did not come here and wait this whole time just so you could insult me." I returned, bitterly, straining not to lose control.

"I did not stand here watching you to hear your false accusations. I was merely stating a fact." I only glared.

"Perhaps if you taught me how to not be so easily 'surprised' I would be less of a disappointment to you." I finally said. He stood there, as if contemplating something. What was he thinking? I wish I had the gift to read minds like some of my kind did. Then he crossed his arms over his chest in an X fashion with his palms out. I did not understand. It must have shown on my face because he took my arms and placed them on my own chest in the same way. He mirrored me, then put his hands on mine, bringing us close.

"This is how my clan swears to each other," He whispered. "I swear I will teach you, IF you teach me how to wait so restlessly." I stood there, staring into his mysterious blue eyes. So peaceful...I wanted to stare at them forever. I didn't want to leave this person, not now...

"I will teach you, if you teach me in friendship and not fear..." I blurted. Yet, my voice sounded desperate. He nodded, then stepped back, letting his hands drop to his sides. I let my arms fall as he walked away. In this one night, he had bewitched me. Then sudden horror slammed into my mind as I looked to the horizon.

Morning clouds started to faintly glow, calmly and happily. But I was running for my life. My legs burned as I tried to run on wet grass, but moved no faster than I would have gone walking. I finally got home and my legs collapsed under me right inside the shut front door. Pain struck me everywhere at each pulse of my blood and my chest heaved to keep me breathing. But I was home.

Home....home......home............home..............

The words echoed through my mind as I fell asleep at my front door.

(((POST TO BIG?!?!? ugh...)))
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:05 am

Chapter three: Suspicions

I groaned. My head throbbed like mad and there was a faint chatter around me. I could not pull out a certain voice without hearing another. But soon, my senses cleared and I could hear correctly. I heard familiar voices. I felt a warm bed. When I opened my eyes, all I saw was darkness.

"Dear god....Look at her eyes." My mother said. Silence, then gasps.

"Goodness....what on earth has she been DOING?"

"I don't know. Zhe haz not told anyone specifically..." My father answered. But who was the second person in the room? Slowly, my eyes adjusted to the darkness and I could make out, faintly, my oldest sister, Isabella. Why was it taking so long for me to see?

"Alex?" She asked. Out of all my other family, it seemed like she cared about me the most. She was, after all, my eldest brother's wife. But the sum of affection we had was barely the size of a grain of salt. (Which was ten times the other affectionate feelings I had received.)

"Yes?" my throat was dry, making my voice crack. "Where...?"

"You're in bed...home...But vat on earth 'ave you been doing?! You're pale as ghost and 'ave been running fever." my father demanded.

"I've been...out....."

"Out vere?"

"Out....of the house..."

"VERE OUT OF ZE HOUSE?!"

"Dear....maybe we should leave her alone..."

"I need to know vere she's been darling."

"And she needs rest..."

"Vampires do not rest,"

"Yes they do, now come." I could faintly see my mother pulling (almost dragging) my father out.

My sister was still there, but she was just silently staring at the wall. I remembered what my mother had said about my eyes...what was it? I was about to ask, when Isabella just shook her head and left. What was wrong? I needed to know...

But I wasn't going to wait for sleep to help. Finding my legs were cramped, I climbed out of bed. My head turned and I looked at the mirror. I gasped and almost fell back down again. My eyes….they were this odd shade…brown….and human like… I forced the thought out of my head and went out of my room. Clinging to the banister, I went down the steps. As far I could remember, no one had seen me.

I remember going out the door, and started to walk. It was cold. Everything felt frozen. Had the first frost come so soon?

I had memory lapses on my trip.

I was heading to the forest and turned around…

I had lost my way.... My head was spinning…

Back on track...I think...

Finally, I found something. Something other than a frozen tree or frosted grass. I had found warmth. I realized I had collapsed into Johnathan's arms, freezing and weak. Why now? And here? In front of him? But try as I might, my legs would not stand. Johnathan didn't give me a chance. I felt him sit down and he held me in his arms.

I felt...grateful....for the help. No one gave me help...So I took it. I rested my head on his shoulder and let him hold me close. I was tired, I needed help and I got it. I couldn't turn it down. For hours, I sat there in his lap, resting in his arms. I could faintly hear him whispering words of comfort, but I was too dazed to care.

Soon, he got up and gently put me on my feet again. I opened my eyes and looked at the moon. It was just three hours past midnight, I could make it home early...Perhaps no one would notice my absence. I let out a relieved sigh when I found my legs were stable.

"Thank you," I said, looking at Johnathan.

"Thank you, for trying to come." He replied, smiling sweetly. It made my heart leap.

"Could you do me one last favor?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"What do my eyes look like? They looked....." I trailed off. Maybe I shouldn’t tell him that. "I think something is wrong with them..." He gently put a hand on my chin and moved my head up so he could look. Our eyes meeting, my heart beat faster. His were like mine, only blue. Blue with slits. Like ice...

"I don't see anything wrong with them...Red, slits in the middle..." He shrugged and pulled his hand away.

"Thank you...again..." I said, and walked off. The way he had held me made me feel better, happy. Was I supposed to be happy?

I didn't get much farther from those thoughts as I walked back. But when I opened the doors, my next thought, was "Crap..."

My mother, father, Isabella, Eldest brother (Kanaan), and my grandfather were glaring at me. This was going to be a long, long night...
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:06 am

Chapter four: Upside down world

“Alexandra, what do you have to say for yourself?” My mother addressed. The six of us were sitting in the living room. I was sitting on the couch while everyone else stood facing me.

“What is there to say?” I hissed.

“Why have you been out so late, coming back tired? And what now? Sick and running off some where then coming back looking rested and healthy? What kind of food source have you found?”

“Who said I found a different food source?” I had to be sneaky. Other clans were not very welcome, especially with a scarcity in food. If they found out I was meeting with Johnathan, we could both be tortured, then killed.

“That’s what we’ve assumed.” Kanaan said and folded his arms.

“Don’t you know not to make assumptions?” I lifted my head to meet his eyes, glaring.

“You’re avoiding the situation, Alexandra. You-” I stood up and glared right at my mother.

“WHAT SITUATION?!” Then turned abruptly and stomped off to my room. When the door was slammed shut, I picked up the locket and threw it against the wall. When it hit and fell broken, I realized what I had done.

Not only was one of my prized possessions broken, but so was my vow. The vow I had made was over the locket, and I swore that as long as the locket was not broken, so was my vow. But now it lay on the ground in three pieces. The chain, top and bottom. I could love again…but…should I?

Who was there to love?

I didn’t really know. My mind kept screaming Johnathan, but he was different. Too different. I held myself and sat on my bed. My life was just…crumbling all around me. But who would care? No one did. No one would. I laid down and pulled the covers up, shivering. Off to sleep I drifted.

But when I was asleep, the strangest thing happened to my mind. How long had it been? 5 months? No…more than that…it must have been at most, five years. Five years since it had happened. It was foreign to my brain, but welcomed, like and old forgotten friend. Like a lost memory or favored toy that had been buried under other toys for so long.

But now…finally…It had happened. And I was happy. I swear, I could have smiled…maybe I was. Who knows… But finally, after five years of torture, five years of darkness and worry and pain…finally…after all this time of shutting away everything…

I dreamed.

\/ \/

I was running down a path in the daylight. It was odd, but I was running. Soon, I stopped only a few yards from where a fork in the road was. I looked at each of them, trying to decide which one to take. They looked identical, so there was no way to tell which one was best.

The surrounding area was grassy fields, mountains, a pond to my left and a tree. It was serene, almost beautiful but not as beautiful as my darkness. But I kept standing there, not knowing what to do. I was about to take a step towards the left path when a quick wind blew, forcing me to shut my eyes.

When I opened them again, I saw the paths had changed. The one on my left was lined by a dark forest and night time. The forest looked silent and dying. I heard a wolf baying to the moon that hung over the trees.

The path to my right went on to a twin pair of mountains and a sun set. It was winding, but looked fertile and was not bathed in shadows. I didn't know why, but I felt biased to the right path, even though a vampire's love is of darkness.

I decided I was going to be strong and take the left path. After all, this was my place. Maybe the end would be another clan to join. But as I lifted my foot, I heard a voice.

"Alexandra!" I turned my head and saw Johnathan standing at the beginning of the right path. I stopped and looked at him. He wasn't smiling slyly, but sweetly. I had never seen that in someone. But something was different about him....Then I noticed the difference...

His fangs were missing...

I felt for my fangs with my tongue but found none. I thought maybe I just didn't feel right. I brought a shaky hand to my teeth but found no fangs. I was not a vampire. But somehow, I didn't feel frightened. I felt...free.

Tears of joy ran down my face. Finally, I didn't need to worry about clans or food. I was human...I ran to Johnathan and we embraced. I was happy....I was free.

He turned and put out an arm to usher me on the light path that I was going to walk down, but then...

I sat up, in cold sweat. I was awake now. I put a hand up to my teeth and a sharp fang almost made my finger bleed. A sad tear went down my cheek. I was still imprisoned.

I was a vampire.

\/ \/

Perhaps I was crazy. But no matter if I was or not, I left my bed and went to the front door. I sighed deeply. Maybe last night was bad, but maybe tonight would be better. I opened the doors and took in a deep breath. It was beautiful. Like an oil painting under a full moon. Everything was covered in frost. And every crystal twinkled and sparkled in the night. Everything stood so still, so quiet and glorious. I had not seen beauty like this since…but that was far too long ago.

I walked across the yards, across the wonder and found Johnathan impatiently pacing. When I stopped about five yards away, he looked up and smiled that sweet smile. I think my knees became week, because I wobbled but gained control again.

“You came?” He asked, walking to me.

“Should I have stayed in bed?” I returned a bit playfully. He looked…on edge.

“You seemed unwell last night…” I shrugged.

“I’m fine.” I assured. He nodded.

“What are we going to do today?” he asked.

“Watch and waiting.” He groaned, and I gave him a sharp look.

“You wanted to learn.” I reminded him. He nodded, closing his eyes. My breath hitched when he opened them again to look at me.

“How are we going to do so?”

“Sit in that tree stump over there.” I pointed and he sat down. I sat on a rock next to him and quickly scanned the area. Then, I pointed to a pine tree in the distance with its faint coat of frost.

“Focus on that tree. I’ll tell you when to stop.” He looked incredulous.

“What?! That’s all you did? Stare at something?!” I frowned.

“Your door is very detailed in my mind, thank you.” I snapped. “Now focus!” He sighed angrily but turned his gaze to the tree as if he could cut it down with his stare. And to my astonishment, it didn’t even shake.

I watched him carefully, tracing my eyes over his flowing features. His nose was perfect, his eyes were slight almond shaped pools of burning ice. His lips looked so tender and graceful. Staring at this angel’s face made me use all of my control not to lean over and kiss him. He looked like an angel that had fallen into hell.

My mind screamed at me. My vow was broken, I was free. He was right there in front of my face. There were only six inches between our hands, and a foot and a half between our faces. So very close…I could just reach over that tiny gap and…

NO. I wouldn’t. He was from a different clan. I tore my eyes away and looked to the east. It was just a little lighter.

“You can stop.” Before I had even finished saying ‘stop’, he was on his feet again. I was standing up and he took my hands, pulling me up. My eyes became locked in his. They were no longer burning, but cool and comforting. He took my hand and kissed it with his smooth lips.

I tried to use those moments to regain my thought, but once again his eyes bored into my own. And with no more than that sweet smile, we parted, he going into his house first. I shook my head, trying to rid my mind of the daze. I remember walking home and going to bed. But if I had pulled the covers up or not, if I had seen anyone or not I did not remember in the least.

Chapter five: Sharing Secrets

I felt like I had been crushed. I didn’t want to wake up and get out of bed. I didn’t have to, did I? But then I remembered my student and my teacher was waiting for me. Also, if I didn’t get up, my family would come and interrogate me. But even if I left, they would question me. There was no easy way out. But better to have one part of your life mad at you instead of both. So, I clambered out of bed, took a shower and put on some fresh clothes.

When I left, the clock struck midnight.

\/ \/

Johnathan jumped to his feet when he saw me striding across the frozen grass. He hastily came over. He smiled that sweet smile that made me weak as he stood in front of me.

“You looked like you had lost your mind last night. Did you find it?” He said jokingly. I wanted to tell him I’d left it with him, but bit my tongue.

“I’m well, thank you.” He chuckled. I’d never paid much attention to his laugh. It sounded like a deep rumbling inside his chest; a low thunder.

“I thought instead of sitting around all day, we could maybe…talk for a while. Get to know each other.” He suggested. I gave a small smile, but I was truly more pleased than that.

He grinned, taking my small show of feeling as a yes and held out his arm to escort me like a lady. I was happy it was dark to cover my blush as I took the arm. Through the loose shirt, I could feel well-built muscle. We started walking along the grass, arm in arm when he broke the silence.

“So…how old are you?”

“Me? I’m only 20. It kind of makes me fell like a baby against some of the other vampires I know.” He chortled.

“How old are you?”

“I’m 105. But my mother is thousands of years old…I…never met my father…” His voice trailed off in the end. I felt empathetic for him. I never knew mine either. I didn’t even know my whole family! I just knew monsters.

“I’m sorry…I know what it’s like…” I whispered. We continued walking. It was a few moments later, when I finally decided to crack the ice.

“So how many others are living with you?”

“About 5; my mother, my cousin, my brother, my younger sister, and apparently a distant uncle. All foster, of course.”

“I don’t mean to be prodding, but…foster?”

“Yes. I wasn’t born a vampire. When I was five I was turned into one.” I stopped dead on the spot. Was my life cursed against loving him? But now I knew why he looked so different from any vampire…so beautiful. He turned to me when I had stopped, and looked over me with concern.

“Are you feeling alright? Maybe we should turn back…”

“No, no…I’m fine…” From the moment I was born, I had been warned not to tell even the tiniest white lie. But here I was, hiding the fact that I felt like I was about to throw up right there and then.

I took his arm a little more gingerly and we continued on our walk. Soon, we met up with a dark, cool and misty forest.

“So…what’s your life been like?” I paused at the question.

“Do you want me to lie or give you the truth?” Now I was going a bit too far.

“The truth, please.” He asked lightly.

“Well,” I sighed. “Nothing but terror. I was born into my large family that is my entire clan. The rules are tight and everyone seems to hate my guts. The largest compassion I see is so small you can hardly tell. It’s been that way my whole life. I’ve had no other person to talk to.” He looked aghast.

“You’ve lived through this…for 20 years? You must be stronger than I thought…” He put a gentle arm around my shoulders. I forced myself not to rest my head on his arm. But as we continued on our silent walk, I started to feel his hand going down to my waist. When it finally got there, he pulled me closer, lightly caressing side.

I recoiled from him, making sure there was a good 2 or 3 feet distance between us. He was stepping forward, going to pull me in again, but I pushed his hands away.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t. It’s not right…” I whispered.

“Who said?” He asked, almost a bit furiously.

“My clan rules do…and I do…” He seemed astounded, but I blurted the story of how I met the mortal, fell in love, only to break my own heart by telling him what I really was. Then I told him about the locket and how I swore on it never to love again as long as it remained. What I did not tell him was the fact that I /had/ broken it. Buy the time I was done, my hands were shaking.

For a few moments, we stood there, facing each other. I was on the brink of tears while he was just…stunned. Then, he quickly grabbed me and pulled me close, burying my head into his warm shirt-covered chest.

“Break it…stomp on it, throw it out the window, chuck it at someone’s head, I don’t care how you do it, just break it…” desperation was in his voice, but the last words were like an ominous whisper. “So we can be together…” I pulled away from him, though he was strong. Tears were beginning to fall.

“Please…please…” he begged, but all I could do was sob. I broke away from his grasp…

And ran home.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:09 am

Chapter six: Fighting Love

I kept running, though I could hear Johnathan’s voice behind me, trying to call me back. I didn’t stop at his house, nor a little way off from it. I just kept running, never daring to look behind, because I knew all I would see was Johnathan coming after me.

“Stop! Please!” He kept shouting. Tears were cold on my cheeks and felt like they would freeze from the cold. But even as I spotted my house not too far ahead, I kept running. If I slowed, I would be caught. Fortunately, someone was opening the door while I was charging at them. I barely made out the figure of Kanaan as I rushed past him and up the stairs. Whether Johnathan had stopped far off, or near the door, I do not know. And I didn’t want to know. I kept running, passing several people on my way, tears still flowing down my face.

When I got to my room, I shut the door and flung my tired and aching body onto my bed, and let all my sorrow out of me. I cried for so many reasons. I wanted to be with Johnathan, but I couldn’t. It just wasn’t possible. I cried for the mistakes I had made in the past few days. I cried for the mistake I made by telling the mortal what I really was, only to break my own heart.

It was minutes…no…hours later when I was done. My pillow was sopping wet and I was so tired I could have fallen asleep standing. But I sat there, forcing my eyes to stay open, so I could think. I kept thinking for the longest time. (What about…I don’t really remember.) But soon, I came to a conclusion of my past; I never really loved the mortal. He was kind and handsome and so many other things, but there was still so much against him. He swore he loved me, and if he really had, he would have stayed with me, no matter if I was human, vampire, or even the devil himself. But the odds were completely against Johnathan. He was a half-vampire. I was in a clan that hated half-vampires. I couldn’t keep seeing him, or we’d be discovered. I felt like this was just another spin-off of Romeo and Juliet.

Then I realized how many people I had passed in the halls and on the stairs. They had all seen me rush by, obviously distressed. And they would all report to my father and/or mother. My life was upside down and back wards on me. How to right it, I didn’t know how. There were disadvantages on either end, but advantages as well.

I began to cry again. I was in the deepest boiling waters of trouble imaginable. If only I wasn’t so outraged last night and distressed tonight… I thought. Soon enough, I had cried myself to sleep, bitterly.

\/ \/

I was on the path again, running. I came to the fork in the road. Forest to my left, Johnathan to my right. I wanted to go to Johnathan, but my father appeared on the left path and called my name.

“Alexandra! Do not forget who you are!” All at once, some unseen force was pulling me to the left path. I felt myself shiver, then my teeth felt strange. I realized I had gone from human teeth, to a vampire’s jaw. When I looked to where Johnathan should have been standing, I saw nothing. He was gone. The forest enveloped me and I was alone.

Alone…again…

I felt a soft shake on my arm and rolled over, trying to go back to sleep. I felt the shake again and I tried to wave away the hand, but it only persisted, shaking me more violently. I Rolled over and tried to open my eyes.

“Alexandra…” someone whispered. Like a voice of an angel…or a half vampire…

I opened my eyes and there was Johnathan, his ice eyes peering into my own, concerned. I sat up and was going to scream, when he quickly covered my mouth without any hesitation. The other arm went around my waist to keep me from squirming away, and for comfort. But I was still scared.

How did he get in the house? How did he find me AND learn my name? I didn’t know, and, I thought, I probably never would. But I sat there, panting like a frightened animal in the arms of someone who claimed to love me, but barely even knew me.

“Shh…hey, it’s alright…” He whispered, trying to soothe me. I tried to get free, but his grip around me only tightened. I now felt like a mouse caught in the clutches of a cat…or a snake to be more precise.

“Shh…It’s alright,” Johnathan kept saying. He was stroking my cheek with his thumb. I wish I felt comforted, but I couldn’t. I was in fear for my life. If someone spotted us…

I glanced at my window. Light was shining through! Daytime! I heard the clock strike 10:00. The audacity! But how did he get here? I supposed it wouldn’t affect Johnathan since he was once mortal…

Would someone spot us? I didn’t know. But soon my thoughts came back to the present and there and I heard Johnathan speaking his soft words again. His face was coming closer to my body, and I felt beyond threatened. I tried to get out of reach once again, but he just held me tighter, gently pulling me a bit closer.

“Shh…calm down, I’m not going to hurt you.” He whispered. He slowly brought his head to my neck. I was preparing to feel fangs pierce my skin and draw my own blood, but instead, I felt the most tender touch of lips. Johnathan wasn’t biting…he was kissing my neck. Now my mind screamed that I loved him, but I tried not to let the thought pass.

Soon my body, weary from starvation and lack of sleep, began to relax. So did Johnathan’s grip. Soon enough, I was slumped over in his arms my head lightly resting on his shoulder and his arms gently around my waist. My breathing was calm and so was my heart. Several times I strained to keep my eyes open. Soon enough, I could do no longer and I laid my head to rest completely on Johnathan’s shoulder. He must have felt me do so, because he gently picked me up and laid my body all the way down on my bed, then pulled the covers over me.

He stroked my hair a few times, then gently whispered in my ear, “I’ll be back.” Everything else was a blur. But I remember falling asleep to scattered dreams, though none of them held the crossroads.

Chapter seven: Hunger

Midnight, for the thousandth time. I don’t know how I had stood it for so many years, waking at the same hour for my survival. But try as I might, I could not make myself stir from my bed. I was too weak, too tired to try. I could only lie there, drifting in and out of sleep, only half aware that I was constantly trying to be woken from my dazed state. Four hours after midnight, I rose from my bed and half-heartedly walked along the path to Johnathan’s house, like somehow it called me.

On my way, I considered what had to be done. It was odd that I had been going out of the house so often to my family, and was coming back in the oddest states, clothes usually on, circles under my eyes…But none of them truly cared about me. If they did, they did a remarkable job of hiding it. But if they didn’t care…why did I abide by the rules? Why did I try and stay in that clan? There was nothing there for me!

So why be the goody-good vampire who takes all the rules in consecutive order? Why not rebel? I started to walk higher, mightier, with a sort of prideful bounce in my step. I was going to rebel for sure. I would tell lies, I’d associate with a half-vampire, and love him.

But then I stopped in my tracks. Love him? I thought. Did I love him? I didn’t know. Everything so far screamed “Yes for God’s sake!” But my mind tried to ward me away. I didn’t want to go through that pain again; of finding out I couldn’t be loved. But I had to leave that behind me, I supposed. Come time it would drown me in guilt and fear.

So I kept walking. On and on I went. When I finally reached Johnathan’s house, he was not there. This seemed odd…should he have been there? Yes…he did say he was coming back…Perhaps he had just not come out yet.

“An unlikely thing,” I thought. Four hours past midnight, he would have been out and at first sight of me, he would have ran up, picked me up and held me close, without question or doubt. But I sat down by a near-by tree and waited…and waited…and waited some more.

I dozed off for a brief moment, but then woke myself up, trying not to be off guard. No telling what Johnathan could do next. As I sat there, I wondered if he was even up himself. By the time the moon began to set, I figured he hadn’t. I got up and started to run home. Once again, it was race against time. My legs felt like acid was churning around in them, but I was not fast enough, the sun was already coming up. Clouds burst into colors of flame, and I could have sworn my skin felt as if on fire.

But I kept running, not making a single sound save for my pounding heart and panting breath. When I had reached my front door. I swung it open, then shut it gently as to not wake anyone. No one was there to accuse me. I pulled myself up the railing of the stairs and went off to my room. My stomach ached terribly from hunger and my eyelids felt like they had stones tied to the lashes. I got in my room and dragged myself to my bed, where I immediately fell onto it, clutching my growling stomach and shutting my eyes tight. I needed sleep….so terribly. And blood…

I had forgotten what blood was like. How long had it been since I had started my fast? Three weeks? A month? Certainly too long. But Johnathan…in his queer ways calmed my hunger merely with his presence. Yet more proof that he should be an angel…

\/ \/

“Alex!” someone loudly whispered. I forced my eyes to open. Johnathan had knelt at my bed side, his blue eyes starting to faintly fill with tears. “What has happened to you? Tell me…I shall make them pay ten fold.” He seethed. But his hand was gentle as it caressed my cheek. I closed my eyes and sighed. But just as I started to relax, I bent over somewhat when another wave of pain hit my stomach. I felt Johnathan’s hands hold my face as it contorted into a grimace.

“Alex…what have you been doing? Starving yourself?! For Heaven’s sake! Why hadn’t you told me?” He persisted, then gently brought my head to his chest where he cradled me like a fragile flower. He pulled the hair away from my face after a few moments of lying in his arms and brought my head to his neck.

What was he thinking?! Did he want me to suck his blood?!

“I….won’t…” I said, my voice hoarse.

“Alex…I didn’t stay last night to hear that man scream your name after you and figure out which room was yours, then climbed the vines outside the house and go through the window to wait and come to see you starving and tired. I came because I care about you. You’re lighter than a feather and I can feel your ribs even through all your clothes. I love you, Alexandra…I wouldn’t even care if you tortured, then killed me, I would still love you.” My heart fluttered at his words. He was begging me to drink. I needed it, he was letting me.

Should I refuse the only help I could receive? Technically, I could have him help me find prey, but this man probably wouldn’t let me touch the ground until I had at least one drop of something…

Softly my jaw opened, I hesitated several times before finally sinking my fangs into his skin. He didn’t even flinch. As sweet blood trickled down my throat, I sighed in pleasure. I withdrew quickly, hoping I hadn’t done anything to offend or hurt him, but he seemed calm. I rested my head on his shoulder, and heard a rumbling sound from his own stomach. I sighed, knowing that there was probably an “eye for an eye; tooth for a tooth” rule in his clan.

“I’m so sorry…” He whispered, gently pulling my hair aside. I tensed a bit, but tried to stay relaxed as he took his own small meal. Once he was finished, he wiped the blood away from his lips and looked at me, his blue eyes brimming with tears for what he had just done.

“Johnathan…please don’t,” I begged. “Don’t cry,” He bit his lip and held back his tears as much as he could.

“I’m so sorry…” He whispered. His voice was shaking. It was as if he had made an offense to me.

“Johnny…please don’t cry…” I kissed his cheek gently. He let out a few uneasy breaths, then calmed down a great deal. He sighed after a few moments.

“Will you come out tomorrow? When everyone is asleep?” He asked suddenly.

“But we’ll melt under the sun,” I protested.

“Nonsense, come out to your front door tomorrow and you’ll see.” He said, then laid me down on my bed again, pulling up the covers. His eyes looked even more passionate than the night I was teaching him as he stroked his fingers through my hair. He kissed my forehead and whispered “I love you.”

I wanted to tell him I loved him back, but I was too tired, and he had already gone out my window. But now fortified, my stomach stopped hurting, and I was left alone in peaceful blankets, only to be rocked to sleep by the sound of a singing bird.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 am

Chapter Eight: Bloody Sunrise

When I woke, my eyes opened, rather blearily into the light. Then, the hours of what had happened crashed down on me and I sat up as if the caffeine had finally kicked in. More or less, it was fear that made me hurl up my late night meal to the side of my bed. What the devil was I THINKING?! HALF vampire associating with someone in the Dramon clan! I was feeling more than stupid and sick to my stomach. But, of course, the last thing I wanted walked right through my door: Father.

“A-" I could tell he was going to yell my name in fury, until he spotted the giant puddle of…stomach contents on the floor. Then he took a step back from me as if I had Spanish influenza and one touch would kill him.

“Alexandra,” He said, a bit more calmly than his eyes portrayed to his mood. “I heard…voices last day…did you hear them?” I could tell he was playing stupid, as if he had no idea who would visit whom and why. He might not have known the why, but I could tell from his tone that he had a fair knowledge it was me. Of course, with my ill-looking face, I might have gotten off easy…

So I shook my head, and faked like I was going to throw up again. His face distorted with disgust and he walked out. Hmm…I had to use that to my advantage in future problems…

But no time to worry then. I wiped my mouth and (avoiding the puddle) went to the bathroom. I washed my mouth up and cleaned up the rest of myself. I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked like a horror movie. My hair was a mess, my eyes had giant bags under them and my dress was twisted up and wrinkled around me. I took out a brush from the medicine cabinet and brushed out the rats’ nest on my head. Then I straitened out my dress. The bags I couldn’t help; I had no make-up.

Words flashed through my head: “Go out your front door tomorrow and you’ll see.” It was clearly imprinted in my mind with Johnathan’s voice. Then there was that annoying presence of the little devil and the angel. One on each shoulder.

Perfect.

My mind kept fighting that I loved him, but I needed a clan. I wanted to go out in the sun, but it was all a big trick. What was I going to do? The only thing I could do.

Go outside and wait for him.

\/ \/

My breath shone like tiny crystals floating about my mouth as I stood there, silently. I could faintly hear the clock inside strike 6:45 A.M. The sun would be rising soon. Johnathan hadn't even shone his face. I wanted to meet him, dearly. I wanted to wrap my arms around his waist and stand there for eternity. But he wasn't there... I sighed and was about to turn to go inside when hands blocked my eye-sight. Then, someone whispered into my ear.

"Guess who?" It was playful, and I could almost feel him smile. I blushed slightly and smiled all the same as he gently kissed my neck.

"Johnathan..." I whispered back. His hand released and he spun me around into his arms. He was so tall that my head rested on his chest. But I didn't care. I liked hearing his heart beat soundly inside him. It made my own heart flutter. He held me close, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes. He looked into mine and smiled. Then he gently kissed my forehead.

"I've never seen a more beautiful woman in my life." He stated. I blushed deeply, and he grinned from ear to ear.

"I've never seen a handsomer man," I whispered to him.

"Oh really?" He asked playfully, leaning against the wall, but not letting go of me. I nodded and giggled a bit. The last time I had laughed felt like centuries ago. But I couldn't help but laugh quietly and blush. It felt so wonderful to be in love.

"Well, good looks or no, I have to show you something." He whispered again, and brought me to my feet again. Then, he was leading me across some lawns through the early morning mist and down an unfamiliar path. I had no idea where we were going, but he sure did.

I kept laughing and asking "Where are we going?" but he would just smile back at me and shake his head. Then, we were trudging up a hill. I looked down at some wide fields, full of dancing fireflies and tall grasses. A tree here or there and some mountains far, far off into the distance.

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

"The best is yet to come, my sweet." Johnathan said and gently sat me down next to him. I put my head on his shoulder and rested one arm around his neck and the other holding his hand. With his free arm, he held me by the waist. Bliss...complete bliss. I closed my eyes and started to drift off to sleep. Then, he was gently tugging me awake. I looked up and watched to where he was pointing. A ray of light was peeking over the mountains.

I tried to jump up and sprint for home, but Johnathan held me down. I looked at him with the "ARE YOU INSANE?!" face, and he just smiled.

"I would never do something like this unless I knew it was perfectly safe. Never ever would I hurt you," Gently, he pulled me back down and close to his body. I put my head back to its former resting place, but couldn't stop being tense. I watched as the sliver of light grew. Suddenly, some morning clouds were painted with crimson, orange and yellow hues. It looked as if they were on fire. So did the rest of the sky. Pinks, purples and other glorious colors were arising, and I couldn't tear my eyes away. Never had I seen anything like this. Then, something great, round and bright came up. It was so bright I couldn't look at it. I watched as the moon faded away. Only when it had finally vanished did I let out a long sigh.

"You like it?"

"It's brilliance..." Johnathan smiled.

"Might I add, that the big bright ball is the sun?" He asked playfully. I shot up onto my feet.

"WHAT?!" He just laughed like it was a joke. I stood there, gawking like a confused animal.

"Vampires won't burn under the sun. That's just a scary story from childhood." He stood up and smiled again. Now wasn't the time to argue. So I just let him pull me close and kiss my cheek. We walked back together, holding hands. Only I realized we weren't going to my home. As if he was reading my mind, he said "I'm taking the scenic route. I want to spend as much time with you as I can." I blushed and put my head on his shoulder. We went through a forest with singing birds and tall trees, past a gurgling creek and near a large lake with inviting waters that lapped up against its sandy shore.

Then Johnathan suddenly picked me up in his arms and started to carry me to my home. I laughed, but let him all the same. As the large house came into view, I jumped out of his arms and declared "catch me and you get a kiss!" then sprinted across the lawns. When I had gone a ways, I looked back and saw he was charging after me, laughing. I screamed and went faster. Just a few yards from the porch, and he tackled me to the ground, pinning my back to the soft grass. We panted and laughed a bit.

"I think....Madame....you owe me...a kiss." He stated through breaths.

"Oh really?" I asked back, but leaned forward and kissed him anyway. My face went from sheer joy, to complete bliss. His lips were so soft...so passionate...My heart was beating so loud, it was a wonder that the earth wasn't shaking from it. He held me close and ran his fingers through my dark hair. I hoped this would never end. With every beat of my heart, I become more and more sure that I loved him. He was my world, and I hoped I was his.

But the next moment, my face went from complete bliss to absolute surprise. My father was in the doorway of the house, shouting angrily. His face was contorted and flushed red. I looked at him, breaking out of my chance and stopping the kiss and Johnathan looked up too. Then my ears finally began to work, and I heard what he was saying.

"ALEXANDRA, YOU GET IN SIZ HOUZE NOW! AND GET ZAT ZING AWAY, NOT ONE EXCUZE, DO YOU UNDERZTAND ME?! NOT ONE!" Now he was running across the yard after Johnathan.

"Go! I'll be fine," I rushed, and he darted off. I watched him go. He was an angel. And he was mine. But reality came crashing back as my father dragged me back into the house and locked me into the den. I knew he was going to rouse everyone now. I was in more trouble than ever, but I didn't care. My mind was off thinking about the sunrise...and that kiss...I hoped it wasn't my last.

Chapter nine: Mr. Replacement

I was pacing back and forth. The possibilities of punishment were endless. I could be kicked out, tortured, or locked away in the dingy cellar. It made my skin crawl to think about the rats that would come out to eat me alive. I used to have a brother, he was only a year older than I was, but he broke an important rule. The screams could curdle even my father's stone blood. I wondered if I would find his bones down there... But there were other things too....I could be killed or worse...Johnathan could be killed. I stopped in my tracks. That would be worse than any torture, losing my love... My only love.

The door burst open, and I almost leaped out of my skin. There was my father, mother, older brothers, their wives, my grandfather and my aunt and uncle. Trouble was apparent. No trying to worm my way out anymore.

"Zit," My father commanded. I kept standing. He sighed and everyone else sat, except grandfather who went back out the door. I caught barely a glimpse of someone else as the door shut. Oh god, had they caught Johnny? My attention snapped from the door to my mother as she began to speak.

"We have heard of a very terrible situation, Alexandra." She said. "We heard that you were attacked by a half-vampire." My jaw could have hit the floor.

"What?! NO!" Being attacked by a half vampire was a sign of disgrace, it showed weakness. He hadn't attacked me! I'd much rather be pinned by breaking all of the rules I the entire clan than be told that I was caught being attacked by a half-vampire.

"Alexandra, it’s alright, we know you were tired and a bit ill. he probably caught you feeding and wanted to kill you," My uncle assured.

"He did no such thing!" I looked to my father, he had clearly seen what had happened, but he only hung his head. My own father... did this...to me! Me of all people. He would always tell me I was his favorite when I was a child. How had it changed? Why was he hanging me with disgrace than just throwing me out? Oh...I see...he was trying to protect Johnathan...but why? He hated them most of all. I didn't understand. I was confused and hurt. I grabbed the back of a chair to steady myself as the room started to spin a bit.

"Alexandra, just admit it. It's already bad enough." Kannan whispered. I sighed and hung my head. A knot formed in my throat and I tried my best not to cry. I wouldn't betray Johnny for anything. Couldn't...but it was the only way out.

"Fine, so he...attacked me." I kept my head down, but moved my eyes to look at my father. He still wasn't looking at me, only shaking his head. I felt betrayed. My mother, on the other hand, nodded. The doors to the room opened and grandfather came in with another man. He looked about 20, perhaps 22 years old, though his eyes were crimson and his pale skin gave him away easily. The only thing that was odd about him, was his blonde hair. Not too white, but not too golden.

"I'd like you to meet someone," Mother said, standing up and making a gesture to the new vampire. "Mr. Vatr-r-r-roem" My mother curled the R's to give the name a more regal sound. He came over, not briskly though, and gently took my hand.

"But you may, madam, call me Victor." He kissed my hand gently and smiled slyly. I was not impressed. He was handsome, but I couldn't fall for him. Not after Johnathan. I turned my head away and folded my arms. He stood a bit straighter, frowned for a second, but turned and smiled at my family. They, however, were very impressed.

"I can not thank you enough for accepting this task, sir." Said grandfather said. "She needs all the looking after she can get. But if she's too-"

"Quiet!" mother hissed, glaring at him, but she smiled back at Victor as she spoke again. "Yes, we are all very grateful." My eldest sister in law looked somewhat jealous, but none the less happy. I noticed my brother slip his arm around her waist to comfort her. Oh how I wished I could replace her with myself and him with Johnathan...my beautiful Johnathan.

"Ve know you'll marry her right." Father said. This didn't catch me off guard. Arranged marriages were common in our clan. I just hung my head. Shame washed over me. I only hoped Johnny would forgive me. Victor nodded and held out his arm to me.

"I'm not a baby, I know the way back to my room." I snapped and stormed out of the den. I hoped he was going to stay and chat for a while with my family instead of following. But to my disappointment, he came after me. He just smiled stupidly and wrapped an arm around my shoulders as if we were the best of friends. That I hoped would never happen. At my door, he took me around and kissed me on the forehead.

"Good-night, my goddess." He whispered, and then promptly kissed me on the lips. It was the most horrid moment in my entire life, but I felt him slip something not my hand. Once he let go of me and walked off, I did my best to keep from spewing. I went into my room and shut the door. My mess had been cleaned up and my bed had been made. Maybe Mr. Replacement had done it for me. But I looked to my hand, and there was a note of sorts inside it. When I opened it, it was like a miracle from above

Alex,

He's my foster brother, a spy. True-blood, of course. I know I can't fool your parents.
Don't get angry at him, he's going to help. Just act like you would to me. Please.

Until we meet again, my love.
Johnathan.

I decided then that I believed in god and angels.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:17 am

(((Meh, why not spoil you? here's the rest. completely. including epilogue.)))

Chapter ten: Imprisoned

I slept soundly through the day all the way until midnight. I was then startled awake because someone was shaking me. I tried to wave them away, mumbling "Meh...five more minutes..." but I was just shaken harder.

"Ok, ok! I give..." I sat up a bit and then went back down again saying "I'll just be two minutes..." I heard a frustrated sigh, and then I was being sat up and put onto the ground. I stood there, leaning somewhat against the bed, eyes drooped heavily. I heard footsteps going around the room, and I opened my eyes to peek wearily. There was that new guy...going around my room trying to find something. My eyes shot open and I blurted out, now fully awake "Why are you in my room?!"

He looked back at me with the look like ‘doy’. “I'm getting you out of here".

"AAaahh..." I said, and sat back down, head hanging down again. Victor finally found what he wanted and came over to me. It was my dark cape I only used on special occasions. I didn't struggle as he put it on me and stood me up again, trying to straiten my dress out a bit.

"Where are we goin'? I asked groggily.

"We're going to try and sneak out of the house to get you to Johnny. He's furious that your parents would do such a thing to you." Victor replied, now brushing my hair.

"Hmm." I mumbled. "But....how come he got you here in time with that note to save me?" Victor just shook his head.

"Sometimes he does things like that and won't say a word. He and I saw you when we moved in. then I noticed he was going out a lot, but never came back with a full stomach. When I asked him, he told me about you. Then the next he came back during the day explaining that you two..." He paused, then sighed. "After that, he went out to show you the sunrise. He came back, running through the door pale as a ghost babbling out that your father was going to kill you or something. He over-reacts a lot of times, but I distantly know the rules of your clan, so I volunteered to spy for him and escort you around so you could safely get to him without suspicion." I nodded. Made as much sense as possible. He continued.

"So I knocked on your front door, acting like a lonesome guest. Your parents must have been over delighted to find me because they started sharing glances. Honestly, when I walked into the room and saw you, I saw why Johnny loved you so much. Then they started talking of plans with marriage. I wasn't too surprised, but I had no idea..." He just shook his head now and stood me up. He stepped back a few feet to get a better look at me, but he didn't seem overly pleased.

I didn't care too much about what he thought though, I was too distant. Thinking that now I could meet Johnathan in peace for a night. Maybe I could run away...but no...I'd just be tracked down and thrown into the house, never allowed to come out again until Father would be sure I wasn't insane anymore. Still, every time I spoke his name in my mind, I couldn't help but to smile greatly, and perhaps I was even blushing.

I didn't notice that I was being escorted by Victor through the halls until we were halfway to the door. I saw that much of my family was watching me with eased faces as they saw me smiling. Maybe they thought I was happy to be led by such a man. I was not too happy, of course, I had no feelings for him except respect, but pleased none the less because I was on my way to meet someone that I had great feelings for.

Then, we got to the front door of my house.

My uncle and eldest brother were standing at either side, eying everyone going in and out.

This was going to be a big problem.

Still, victor kept going forward. We reached the door, but both men stepped in front of us.

"Let me out." I seethed.

"We can't." Bartholomew said.

"Won't is more or less the word..." I hissed. "Now let me out! You can't lock me up in here! I'll starve!" my brother just shook his head.

"It's better you stay in here. We don't won't you getting attacked again. We don't want you hurt." he said. I just scoffed.

"Like I would believe that stupid story. You don't even care about me!" Victor was already trying to pull me away, but I struggled. "Let go!" But he didn't. He just dragged me off and to my room. My father was outside my door. When I went in I reached for the window, but I saw that it had been boarded up. This was obviously supposed to torture me. Every one was watching. If I tried to escape, someone would be watching. Victor could never leave my side. Plus, if I escaped while he was 'watching'...he could be punished. I couldn't let that happen to him. He was doing too much for me as it was.

So I shook me head and sat down on the floor, curling up in a ball and crying. I faintly heard victor shut the door and sit down next to me. His hands were cold as he patted my back, trying to calm me down. I just silently cried, letting the realization wash over me. I was trapped. I couldn't see Johnathan.

And I was going to starve.
Chapter eleven: Break Away

Scared, hungry, alone and going insane.

That was me. Sitting in my bedroom all that time, I let no one in. If I couldn't go to people, people could not go to me. If they wanted me to be out again, I would be a pile of bones before they started to even think about it. About the 30th day of imprisonment, I was sitting in my bedroom, wondering if it was noon or midnight that I heard the clock chiming. I supposed it must have been midnight I supposed. My stomach ached and I could barely stand I was so hungry. Last night I had attacked my mirror thinking it was a living being I could feast on. No one came when it shattered loudly and when I howled in pain as some of the shards cut my wrists and hands.

I shook my head as looked on the floor and just laid down on my bed, curling up in a ball. I took the broken locket from my nightstand and clutched it to my heart, remembering it was the only thing that had ever kept me from Johnathan before. Now it was my stupid clan. Perhaps I should try and escape. But the likely hood of doing so without killing anyone in hunger was very low. I stuffed the locket inside a small pocket of my dress and pulled the covers over myself, feeling cold.

Faintly, I heard the door open. Footsteps. Someone was whispering... "Alex...Alex...wake up...Alex!" I soon realized it was Kanaan. I just groaned.

"Go away before I end up killing you," I mumbled.

"Oh? I think it's the other way around." I felt his breath nearer and nearer to my neck, but made no move to stop him. I could just barely feel his fangs when-

"Kanaan, take your filthy mouth off her neck." It was my father. I could hear Kanaan backing away as soon as he could and my father came over to me. When his cold hand touched my neck I cringed. He sighed. "I should 'ave known zis would happen." He mumbled. "Alexandra, get out of bed. I will restrict you az we go to ze study." I could hardly care. I stood up and walked over to him, trying to fight my instincts. He held my arms behind my back and moved me out of the room. Down halls and through rooms where spots would float in front of my face, redness would take over everything or I'd see the walls spinning. Finally, there was the study. I forced my eyes closed and my father sat me in a chair.

"Alex..." I shook my head to my mother's voice. "Alex, listen to me."

"I can hear you perfectly fine, mother." She came over and grabbed my face, making me look into her eyes.

"You dare disobey me?" she spat.

"Yes, I do." I glared at her. She glared back. "You know what else? I lied. Johnathan didn't attack me. I love him. I've been associating with a half-vampire. I lied when I licked my lips to father when I first met Johnathan, the night part of his clan moved into that house. I lied to everyone when they thought I was so happy with Victor. I'm sick of him. So there, I've lied to your face. What are you going to do about it? Kill me?" My mother looked horrified as I told her everything. When I was done, she let go of me, stunned and sat back in a chair, a hand over her forehead like she was going to faint. My father came into view and I gave him the icy glare as well. He shook his head, eyes closed.

"We're not going to kill you. But we are going to disown you." He said.

"Good riddance. This family, these rules. This whole clan is nothing but a bunch of misfits who can't think strait." I hissed, standing up. Father took a step back trying to caution from my hunger but now it had been replaced with rage.

"You can take one thing that belongs to this house with you, but only one besides your clothes." I frowned at the wall while I though, and made up my mind. Time seemed to pass so slowly as I went down the halls. And I found what I was looking for in no time. My very first friend; the grandfather clock with its midnight chime. I picked it up easily and stalked down the halls, glaring at everyone. Now, they stepped aside as I went on, trying to avoid my like the plague. The front doors were not so far away, and there was Victor, being told he was no longer needed to marry me by my mother. I could see the relief in his eyes though his face seemed upset. When I came down the stairs, carrying the clock, he rushed up and helped me with it out the door.

For a moment, I paused, looking at my mother. Then to Victor, who seemed to read my mind as he nodded. I smile evilly and looked to my mother. "By the way," I said, "Victor lied too. He's Johnathan's foster brother.” With that, Victor and I took off running, sharing the weight of the clock on our shoulders. Never had I felt so free. But life only became perfect when we reached Johnathan's house. There he was; his back to us as he watched the full moon. Victor silently took the clock and nodded for me to go forward. I crept up behind Johnathan.

"Boo!" I shouted. He jumped nearly out of his skin and landed in the bushes. I barely caught him in time smiling at his expression of surprise with a hint of fear. "I do believe this is how we met, am I correct?" His face lit up like the sun itself.

"Alex!" He was on his feet and pressing my head to his chest the next moment, his arm around my waist. I smiled, happy as could be. If this was the rest of my life, I could have never had to feed again.

~*~_~*~

Epilogue:

"No, you got it backwards, silly." I said. Huddled together trying to share one desk, a single candle and a chair is not easy, but the two of us seemed to manage.

"Well your hand was in the way," Johnathan chuckled. He took the other half of the locket and flipped it over. He put the screw back in and then connected the chain. "There, good as new." He said, holding it up in the dim light to admire.

"It's so beautiful." Johnathan had taken a knife and carved our initials into the inside of it, instead of putting a picture of the two of us in the heart.

"Not as beautiful as you," He smiled. I flushed red and only made him smile wider. He put the necklace on me and I admired it against my pale skin. "Alexandra Ella Dramon...I want to ask you something..." He whispered. My heart leaped. His tone was soothing and serious. Was he really going to do this now?

"What is it, Johnathan Tyler Vatroem?" I asked, smiling. He pulled me into his arms and looked into my eyes. The candle light made him look absolutely brilliant. It highlighted his cheek bones and shadowed his gorgeous lips.

"Please...will you marry me?" My face was hot and so were my ears, but I kissed him lovingly. Then I whispered in his ear, "Only if that means for eternity." I could hear the smile in his voice when he responded.

"If it didn't, I wouldn't be able to live." He kissed me softly back. From that day on, life was truly heaven.

***~~~***
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:32 am

Bumps
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness on Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:26 am

that's it right?

Shining Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:30 am

yep. that's everything.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness on Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:38 am

What now then?

Shining Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:40 am

Awww... That was amazing...
CottonCandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:48 am

yes it was.

Shining Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:43 am

I always hate it when stories end...
CottonCandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Press2000 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 am

At least it wasn't sad. If You want I have another one I could put up. A friend and I did it together, but I haven't talked with him in ages...

Meh, only if you wish me to.
Press2000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 am

If you don't want to you don't have to.

Shining Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down